Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Red and Brown





Here are some pictures of my red and brown felted purse. I just finished it this morning. It is kind of hard to see the lining because it matches the color of the purse pretty well. It is a washable silk that was on the clearance table at Walmart for $1 a yard. I sunk the pockets a little deeper on the inside too to keep things from sliding out or making the purse too top heavy. I recycled some leather straps from a thrift shop purse and added the rings so I could use the felt tabs.

4 comments:

Margarita McKnitalot said...

Looks great! You got so lucky finding that silk at walmart!! Nice job...I love how you shaped the bottom so well...is that two pieces sewn together..that form the shape of the purse or something in the pattern?

Pamo said...

Thanks,The bottom is where you cast off and then join by sewing. The shaping comes in by the decreases. Pretty cool huh?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Pamo! What a great job you've done. I'm sort of scared to attempt a purse, but I think I'd like to have something for me. Yours always come out so cute!

Patti said...

Fabulous Darling - Just Fabulous.
And you think you haven't found your niche yet? Obviously you are the Guru of Purse knitting - and lining. Who would of thought you would enjoy sewing something that you didn't even have a pattern for.
These are great!
Pat