Friday, February 29, 2008

Rib pattern in my first socks.

Rib pattern I used in the body of sock is a 4 stitch pattern, so you will need to have 56 or 64 stitches ie., any number of stitches that can be divided by 4. This pattern works well with k1, p1 ribbing for the cuff of the sock.

Seeded Ribbing
Sock Body
Rnd 1 *K1, P1, K2, rep from *,

Rnd 2 *P3, K1, rep from*

Repeat rounds
1 and 2 for desired lenght

Instep
All the patterns in my book have you slip one stitch before beginning the heel to the needle carrying the instep stitches. Because of this you have to knit 1 stitch at the beginning of all rows of pattern on the instep. Do not repeat this knit 1, just start each round with it then repeat the rounds as shown above.

1 comment:

Anshan said...

I have never tried seed stitch, but I want to now! This is the perfect excuse to go buy a solid skein of sock yarn today!