Friday, January 4, 2008

It's Pat's Fault

So my sister called me today - looking for yarn and needles - long discussion short - she went to the store and got yarn for a bag and I told her I had lots of needles - so she innocently asks: "so, should I pick you up some wool?" So I said - "well, OK." She brought me some wool, I gave her some needles and we're working on the bucket bag because there wasn't enough wool at the store for the other Messenger Bag and she has wool coming on the 8th. Well it's been a long day and I could hardly keep my eyes open but I did cast on the requisite 126 stitches and got one row knitted. I'm officially a Knotty Knitter! I now have a doll sweater needing one sleeve, a jacket for Mom needing the binding finished and three doll dresses all in one stage of completion or another, oh yeah and a Bucket Bag with one row finished. But it's all fun!

Oh Barb, thanks for the new embellishments on the Blog page - I love the new header and the titles on the left size - very cool. I'll teach you how to knit on circular needles on Sunday!

4 comments:

Pamo said...

Very cool Pam,
Where did Pat find the pattern for the bucket bag? I did not see that one.
Pamo

Pam Hand said...

I think the Bucket Bag is the name of the one you are just finishing. I"ll fwd the patterns that Margie sent to me. Pat sent one too - not sure who sent what now until I find the emails to fwd to you.

Patti said...

Pam,
Maybe you can learn to knit on circular needles with your toes and then you can use your hands to finish the binding on Mom's sweatshirt jacket. LOL

I think you should show a picture of Mom's sweatshirt jacket when you are finished, just because it's really cute.

Your yarn isn't going to show stripes - see my post on Ombre Yarn.
You probably have already figured this out.

Pam Hand said...

Nope I didn't get far enough to find that out yet - but I'm about to put my feet up, light the fire and watch the second half of the Redskins and Seahawks game - since I have that make up skein of solid - I'll probably band mine. Off to knit a row or 20.......